Audacity is a software that helps you record, enhance, edit and customize your audios. It provides a huge range of features that are easily accessible and available for use. People love using these features, and enjoy working with Audacity. The best part about Audacity is that it is available for free.
- Sponsored Links -
Audacity tries its best to provide the best user experience. But still, there might be some problems that you may face while using Audacity.
Sometimes when you use Audacity, you might face a problem. Your screen might display a message of error which says ‘not well form (invalid token) at line x’. This error means that when you open the AUP project file again, Audacity finds a non- English, accent or control character error in any line.
Causes of this error
There might be two reasons behind this error. One of the reasons is that there might have been an import of a file, whose metadata contains some kind of control characters. The second reason can be that your project has a non- English or another accent character. Click here to learn more.
Solutions to this error
If the reason behind this error is control characters, then you can try the following solutions:
- You can make a copy of your file, and open it in some text editor.
- Then, you can turn off the word wrap.
- In the error message, you can change the characters in the line.
- After this, you need to save the changes as .aup file.
- Then try reopening it. Even after this, if the error continues, follow the same procedure again.
Solution to correct an AUP file is as follows:
- You need to make a copy of this file.
- Then, try opening the file in Notepad.
- Then, click on encoding and then convert to UTF-8 with BOM.
- Save the file.
Solution to remove redundant lines is as follows:
- Find the file, it might be present in the auto save folder.
- Make a copy of the file.
- You can convert the file into XML or Notepad/ Text Edit.
- Turn off word wrap option.
- Go to the line where the error is shown.
- Delete that line entirely.
- Save the file with those changes.
Converting AutoSave file to XML
Follow the given steps to convert the AutoSave file into XML file in Windows.
- Go to the AutoSave folder, right-click on the file, and then choose cut.
- Go to the Audacity folder and click on paste.
- Open an administrator command prompt.
- After this, you need to go up one level in Explorer and drag Audacity installation icon there.
- At the end of the path of the file, you need to type Audacity.
- After that, press Enter.
- Now, you can cut and paste the file from Audacity installation folder to AutoSave folder.
Use these options to easily convert your file.
Read more articles.
- Custom FFmpeg export options-Audacity
- Change Speed and its parameters
- Crossfade clips: Its usage, limitation, and application